Sunday, February 1, 2015

Mad about Plaid

I had an awesome thrift shopping excursion last weekend.  I hit up 5 different stores and walked out with dresses, skirts, tops, sweaters, purses, scarves and some books.

While I am waiting for the weather to turn a little nicer so I have room to take photos outside, I will continue to show just the items I picked up.  Our house isn't big, and with 4 adults and a baby here, there isn't much space that isn't taken up with toys, playpens, laundry and outerwear!

I love wearing skirts almost as much as wearing dresses, but I sometimes run into an issue with what to pair them with. I never seem to have luck thrifting for outfits, but occasionally I will unknowingly find separates that will go together.

I posted a black sweater last Sunday that I bought at one store and here is the skirt I found at the third store I visited. They went together really well and is the perfect work outfit. 




This is a Chaps buffalo plaid skirt that I found at Goodwill for $4.99. It is the correct size so I didn't need to make any adjustments and it doesn't appear to have been worn very often.

I wore the black sweater, some black tights and my tall black leather boots and some simple earrings.  It was easy to change out of when I had about 3 minutes to change into my workout clothes for Zumba.  My legs still hurt.


Hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend and are headed to their couches soon to watch the Superbowl.  Go Seahawks!!

2 comments:

  1. Days like that, when the thrift store powers that be are on your side feel like you're walking on sunshine! Way to go on coming up with a bounty of great new (to you) finds. That plaid skirt is such a classic, elegant, and stylish score!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how great you can feel after finding something you didn't know you needed until you put it on.

    ReplyDelete