Saturday, February 7, 2015

Good Times with Great People

About 16 months ago, I got laid off from a job I was sure I was going to retire from. 120 of us were told that Monday morning that we no longer had jobs. It was a scary day. This was the third lay off that had happened to our family in 8 years.  This is not what we had planned. This was messing up our future we have been planning since we got married. This just sucks.

The day I lost my job, I posted it on Facebook, hoping that I may get some support from my friends, but it led to much more.

The next day I received a phone call from the daughter of one of my friends.  She had just been promoted in her company and her position was open. Did I want to come in and interview? Um, yeah!

One week later I was in a new desk at a new company and planning my new future. I loved that job.  I looked forward to going to work every day. I had wonderful co-workers, worked in a beautiful environment and laughed all the time.  Fast forward to this past October. I was asked by the CFO if I would interested in taking on more responsibility. They had an opening at the "Mothership" of the company I worked for. It is so close to my house and I was happy to show them I was up for the challenge. The hard part was leaving the job that I loved and people I cared about.

Last evening was the Holiday party for the former part of the company I work for.  My youngest daughter took my job when I moved to the new location, so I went as her "date".  I had so much fun catching up, laughing and eating wonderful food.  



 Me and my baby






Fun, fantastic people



Big, happy smiles



Old Navy dress: $6.99
Merona Pumps: $7.58
Green Bracelet: $2.99




Thanks you so much for including me in your night of celebration of a great company and the friendship of so many wonderful people.

3 comments:

  1. So happy you found another job that was so perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos and great finds here! Facebook can be such a wonderful source for searching for people and things, including jobs. Thank you so much for sharing, this is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! While I thought it was horrible at the time, it led to many wonderful things.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete