Sunday, February 16, 2014

It's time to try something new..

It is time for a new chapter. I have had a food blog for a few years, but haven't posted much in the last year and a half. We had some big changes-and small changes-and I wasn't feeling the food love anymore.  However, I still wanted an outlet. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram-I use them all, but there needs to be a place to chat, create, enjoy.

Our life is changing now. Our girls are grown; one is having a baby. We are moving into the next chapter of our lives. We get to slow down and enjoy each other. We get to leave at a moments notice and just go have fun. We get to sit on the couch and watch bad TV and be glad we aren't anywhere else.

While I still love to cook and bake, I'm looking for a new outlet.  I have found several blogs that cover refashioning, upcycling and re-making clothing.  My Mom did this back in the 60's and 70's.  She would go to Goodwill and the Salvation Army and find large 'tent dresses' as she called them, and cut them apart and use to make clothes for us.  When she started working, she delighted in being able to go and buy ready to wear items.  She still sewed, but for pleasure-not necessity. I learned a little from her, a little in school and now some on the Interweb.  I like the idea of keeping something out of the landfill, reusing something that still has life, and being able to have a large wardrobe but not having funds to buy all the stuff I would like.

I'm a beginner. I don't know all the correct terms. I'm making it up as I go along.  But I guess that is the beauty. There are no rules-there is only life as we make it.

If anyone comes along for the ride, that will be great. If not, I still have my place to come and be creative.

It's time to see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment